Chrome 57 has a breaking change when it comes to interop with WebRTC gateways. They've changed their previous "negotiate", to "require" when it comes to rtcp-mux
Asterisk, as I understand it does not have rtcp multiplexing and so will break when it comes to compatibility with WebRTC across all versions of Asterisk that supports WebRTC (as far as I understand, thats back to 11 I think)
We have a flag we can enable client side for the time being; and I'm trying to find out how long that flag will be available for - but thats no lomng term solution.
I wrote on the mailing list about the issue - http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2017-January/076091.html
For comparison - I've got other systems using WebRTC which use RTPEngine (with Kamailio) and Freeswitch - both of these have enabled me to enable flags etc to get past this issue.
I don't know what the right move is going forward. I'm just reporting the issue - every single application out there that utilises Asterisk for WebRTC will have to either move platform or enable a flag client side in the hope that Asterisk will enable the feature set required for compatibility with Chrome
This affects Chrome 57 onwards - We're currently on Chrome 55 mid cycle - which means roughly 6 weeks until this becomes mainstream.
If you want help reproducing this, please let me know and we can have a conversation about URLs in somewhere less public.
The error you'll get will be something along the lines of "setRemoteDescriptionOnFailure
Failed to set remote answer sdp: Session error code: ERROR_CONTENT. Session error description: Failed to setup RTCP mux filter.."